Thursday, March 3, 2011

Off Again, On Again

I'm not usually the stop and start kind of gal, but in this case, it happened and I'll try not to let it happen again. After taking a break from all things online dating, I tried real dating. Sort of. Long distance is better than cyberspace, isn't it? Things went well, he knows how to treat a lady, but in the end, we were running two very different races.

So...  I jumped back in the pond. Not that I'm expecting a catch or anything. I do it more to amuse myself. I've been gone a while and some changes have been made to the site during that time, not all of them good. I will not discuss them now, but rest assured that I will address those issues in a later post.

My grievance this night is that of the options available when stating ones religion. I have "Christian-Other" marked off. Some people have "Catholic" others "Sikh". That's alright with me. Here in Canada, we are granted the freedom of religion through our Charter of Rights and Freedoms. But one option that keeps popping up over and over is "Other Religion".

Now, before you go off saying how many faiths there are, let me explain that I thought the list of options to be quite exhaustive. Most people just use "Not Religious" and be done with it. I don't get this "Other Religion" thing. What other religion? What sort of far out, wacky religion do these people belong to?

Here's my opinion: the people who fall under the category of "Other Religion" do not, in fact, belong to a religion at all, but they are merely so self-centred, self-serving that they worship only themselves. Of course, self-worship is not listed as an option, so "Other Religion" is the only viable option. Now if only these men would clarify this in their profiles, it would save a lot of women a lot of trouble and heartache.

No comments:

Post a Comment