Sunday, May 9, 2010

Glory! Hallelujah!

There is at least one intelligent man on Plenty of Fish and he sent me a message.  Yes, ME!  After receiving a "Hey gorgeous, wanna go for coffee sometime?" from a 42 year old guy, I was beginning to question my own sanity in keeping my profile active and then this guy comes along.

The first thing he asked was about my tattoo.  Ask away!  I'll tell anyone about my tattoo (and in case you can't read it, it says "Send me" with scripture reference to Isaiah 6:8).  I find that most people who are proud of their tats are pretty open about them.  I am one such person.  Two years inked and I'm still proud... and off topic, apparently.

So he asks about my tattoo and I respond.  In the next message he tells me about his ink and asks how I came to Christ.  Now that is a good question!  Don't ask me out for coffee in your first message.  I'm most likely to ignore you completely.  I'm not out for a one night stand!  I want to get to know you a little bit before I put my life in your hands.  How am I to know you're not a dirty, filthy pervert?  Besides, if I went out for coffee with every random guy on Plenty of Fish who asked, I'd have a lot of dates and what is sure to be a trail of broken hearts behind me.  Yes, I am just that good.

So my faith in cyber-dating has been renewed for the time being.  Not all men are total losers or perverts!  Yay-hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment