Friday, May 21, 2010

A Gentleman's Game

Gentlemen really do exist.  Well, at the very least, one does.  This is a good story with a not-so-happy ending.

The other day I was searching for blog fuel.  You know, the weird, wacky, creepy and just plain psycho people that can start a three paragraph rant on just about anything.  I found a few of those and did indeed blog.  But I also found a real winner.  And by winner I mean male model winner.  Not that he was my perfect match or anything, but, ooh baby!, break me off a piece of that!  I looked for any excuse to send him a message and it was he himself who actually presented it!  He mentioned something near the end of his profile about sending a message if a person had bothered to read that far.  Well then!  I sent a note commending him on a well-written and thought out profile.  It's not a literary masterpiece by any means, but it kept my attention and amused me.  I wasn't really expecting much out of this one if anything, but, hey, I've got nothing to lose, right?

I sent said note on Wednesday.  Most guys respond within a few hours if they're going to respond at all.  Thursday went by and nothing.  I wasn't heartbroken by it, so I kept perusing profiles.  Today my phone buzzed wildly at me with several communications.  Wasn't I surprised to see one from Mr Male Model himself!  So I ran to my computer and logged in and there was a little un-opened envelope waiting just for me!  I swear I shivered in delight.

Dear Jordan
Thank you so much for your kind message and I apologise for being so late in replying. I've just read your profile and I have to say you are a rare and remarkable woman....not to mention quite beautiful. Unfortunately I've just come out of a long relationship and I'm at the stage of my life where I'm done with casual dating. I don't want to waste your time since I don't think we're very compatible.
Warmest Regards.


First thing I noticed was how obviously thought-out this guy is (or he is at least making use of a passing grade in high school English).  Second was the British spelling - Americans use a "z" in apologise.  He must also be a genius if he can so easily recognise the fact that I am not only rare, but remarkable....not to mention quite beautiful.  Though we really aren't at all compatible, I appreciate him taking the time to write a little note rather than just leaving me high and dry.  Sigh... If only we were compatible!


But for now, I still have hopes that there is a decent man somewhere out there for me.  Thank you, Mr Male Model for once again proving that gentlemen exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment